The Norris Bank Primary School Council meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month at least twice a term. The Council is made up of a committed group of parents and staff who work together to develop and implement the school’s policies and strategic plan.
The School Council operates four sub-committees. All sub-committees of School Council are open to members of the school community, with the exception of the School Management Committee.
Education Committee (Convenor: Marise Boff)
- Develops and reviews educational policies and some programs, and refers them to School Council for ratification.
- Acts as a parent consultative body regarding educational programs.
Buildings & Grounds (Convenor: Trudi Gleeson)
- Manages the maintenance and continuous improvement of buildings and grounds.
- Works in collaboration with the school’s administration to ensure the development of a safe, attractive learning environment.
Fundraising (Convenor: Manon Fischer)
- Works as a group to plan appropriate activities which raise valuable funds to support the school’s programs. All fundraising activities are approved by School Council.
School Management Committee (Convenor: Anne Elliott)
(Set membership consisting of Principal, School Council President, Treasurer and Business Manager)
- Oversees the school’s financial position, and makes recommendations to School Council regarding matters related to the school’s budget.
- Monitors the activities of the school’s trading operations – the canteen, uniform shop, facilities hire and OSHC Program.
School Council Members for 2016
- Jodie Abernethy
- Marise Boff (Executive Officer, Education Committee Convenor)
- Trudi Gleeson (Buildings and Grounds Committee Convenor)
- Ziggy Degenhardt (Minutes Secretary)
- Badreya Abbas (President)
- Anne Elliott (Treasurer)
- Manon Fischer (Fundraising Committee Convenor)
- Linden Koodravsev
- Kate Lansbury (Vice President)
- Jackie Coulson
- Ross Ayton
- Sarah Ly